Thursday 15 March 2012

Corrected Gantry Crane………….

I have to let you know that I was corrected by John Wiffen, the clever guy form scalescenes. He very kindly pointed out that I had made a school boy time period error. The bridge beam I had used with the “freightliner” livery and the “BR” logo on the plant room were from two different periods. In my defence, you may or may not know, that I have only been modelling for just over a year, so if anyone sees anything that shouldn’t be, please let me know.

So, as soon as I could, I replaced the bridge beam cover to bring it back in line with the BR period. I also managed to get the hand rails painted and fitted. I think they set it off really well.

IMG_9633

IMG_9635

Until Next Time…………

Chris

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi great job with the crane ! I a m almost there with mine, What have you used for the railings ? & were did you get them from ?


Thanks in advance Dave Ball

Chris Heath said...

Hi Dave. Would you believe it is a wire mesh bird feeder from the pound shop. Cut into strips and then painted.
Chris

Anonymous said...

Thanks Chris.

Pound shop here I come

Regards Dave Ball