Saturday, 30 July 2016
I've decided to put the eight houses onto a diorama and not on the layout. So, without any delay, I'm going to build the next part. I intend to make Low Relief Terrace Backs. I will be building the T008 from Scalescenes, with the Out Building add on pack, as these will match the existing outbuildings I've already done. This will give me a "northern style" back to back look. I want to build these at a rapid pace, as I have loads of ideas going round my head, to what I want it to end up looking like. So here goes.
This is a simple build. Walls and floors inter link and fix to the main back wall. So simple and sturdy.
Interior walls add substance and strength.
The complete kit gives you enough parts to make a row of six houses. I need to print another set out so that I can have ten houses. Good job it's buy once off of Scalescenes and print as many times as you need.
Until Next Time............
Tuesday, 26 July 2016
As promised here is the way I make the chimney pots for my houses. First of all, if you’re brave, raid your good lady’s cosmetic bag and pinch what is called an orange stick.
Sunday, 24 July 2016
Well the street of eight houses is almost done now. It is the T022a kit from Scalescenes. As you saw in my last post, I cut out all of the out building parts ready for them to be assembled. Once all of the parts were put together, they were put to one side while I cut out all of the front walls. I'm not too sure where this street of houses are going to call home. I don't think that is going to find it's way onto the layout, but I think that it may become a small diorama. If it does become a diorama, I think I'll make a street of the T008 Low Relief Houses, to make a "back to back" street scene.
I cut out a single piece of mount board to mount the street on. I layered the Scalescenes floor plans side by side, which also gives you the back yards as well. These back yards were a little clinically clean for my liking, so I used my air brush along with my markers to "dirty up" the back yard with a dirty green algae effect. Because I had incorporated the derelict gable end, I left a space for some waste land. Again using my airbrush, I made a base for some grass.
Here it is then.
I will do a quick post over the next couple of days, on how I made the chimney pots. They are really easy, cheap and effective.
Until Next Time............
Saturday, 9 July 2016
Next it's the back walls and the out buildings. This took some considerable time as there were loads of repetitive cutting out and wrapping of covers layers.
This little lot once made up make the back walls and the outhouses.
Now I need to put on the coal house roofs the fit the to the rear of the houses.
Until next time.......