Saturday 2 January 2016

Dilemma.........


I have to say I have a little bit of a dilemma. It all started a couple of years ago now. I built a table in my loft to accommodate a train layout. It was a reasonable size table and I was really looking forward to putting together my layout. I think I made a huge mistake. I had this vast blank canvas to fill. Well, I totally filled the table with track and rolling stock and in my hast to make my layout, I didn't realise I had no space for any scenery or buildings. So I completely took it all to bits ready to start again. I had to get some buildings put into place and set a scene ready to lay the track around them. Now here is where the problem started. My Wife Jak found a website called Scalescenes, which offered a wide range of downloadable models geared to railway layouts. I picked a free track side shed to download and build. Well that was it, I was hooked. Well, one thing led to another and I've really enjoyed building kit after kit. I think I might have gone a little overboard. I've been putting completed models to one side the starting on a new one. I didn't realise what I had until I put the all on the table together. The problem I had before was, there was no room for track. "Houston, I have a problem" I may have gone a bit overboard.
 
 
 
 
 
I think I may have just built my way though the whole Scalescenes catalogue. I now have to get my lazy backside into the loft, and in the new year get a start on building my layout. Wish me luck.

Until Next Time.............

3 comments:

Inksot photography said...

Buildings look great, I bet the layout is fantastic when it is completed.

David Smith said...

Your surplus buildings could be built into small static dioramas for display. This might be a good way of trialling scenery techniques too before building the main layout . Anyway, glad you are moving on to the bigger picture.

Daisychain said...

Brilliant collection of buildings! I can't wait to see the completed layout.

Christine