Just a quick note, to keep you up to speed with the progress on the 1950’s street diorama, I have on the go at the moment. There are so many ideas buzzing about my head for what I want to do with this project. The latest idea was to try to finish off the T022b option derelict gable end of the T022a Terraced Houses from Scalescenes.
Many years ago, I can vaguely remember gable ends been shorn up with huge timbers, to stop the falling over. I’m not so sure they could get away with it these days, what with health and safety and all that. But here is my interpretation of said timbers.
First I made a wall to enclose the waste land that is at the end, covered in grass.
Next I got my hands on some wooden coffee stirrers. Cut them down to size, length ways.
Not having a pattern to work off, there was a lot of trial and error in putting this frame together, but I’m quite pleased with the final result.
Next I got to play with my airbrush. Again after a few false starts with colour, the end result turned out ok.
Well I couldn’t just make one, so I made a pair.
I’m very pleased with the final look.
Until Next Time…………