I was having a bit of a problem trying to secure the roof supports to the walls, as I had tidied away all my small clamps, and I couldn’t for the life of me find them.
I think that I may have to invest in another set of these small clamps as I just about had enough. They were not expensive, in fact I think I got them off of Ebay for a couple of pounds for sixteen. They are worth their weight in gold when you run out of hands.
Once the main structure was glued and clamped, I set it aside to dry and I then started on the overhead gantry crane that runs the length of the shed. But I have a confession to make. I was so carried away making it, I forgot to take some pictures of the build, and I’m sure not going to take it apart to start again. I did manage to remember to take some pictures of it all finished.
I know, I know, I made another mistake. One of the beams should have been put on the other way round, so that the SWL info was on the outside of the crane.
I didn’t notice until it was all finished and all glued up, so it will just have to stay like that.
I cut out all of the roof sections and got the glued up, but I haven’t put them in place just yet, as I might just leave them loose so that they can be removed to see the inside. It is not going onto Wynyard Lane as it is too modern, so it is destined to be an exhibition piece for the office at the docks.
In order to lift the coils that I intend to fill the shed with, the crane is going to have a coil crab made. This shouldn’t be much of a problem, as the kit comes with a spreader beam that I intend to modify to look something like this…..
Once the crane is finished, I’m going to make some coils.
Until Next Time…………..