Monday 2 July 2012

Completed Small Engine Shed…….

Well everything went to plan and I managed to got the Small Engine Shed finished. I must admit I’m very pleased with the result. Once again there is loads of detail inside that no one but you and I will ever see.

First of all I built the vents that fit in the roof to exhaust the smoke from the building. I forgot to take a picture of the second one, but it is the same as this one only half the size.

IMG_0230

IMG_0257        IMG_0255

I couldn’t help myself on this build and I have done something that I have never done before. Most of the scalescenes models come with graffiti, but I feel that it is a little to modern for my liking. So I drew from my dark and murky memory and remembered they type of graffiti I used to see on buildings back then. I’m afraid it wasn’t very artistic, but it wasn’t back in the day.

IMG_0232

I know it’s not very creative,but I’m the only one that will know it’s there.

IMG_0253

Above the roof exhaust is the chimneys.

IMG_0233        IMG_0234

Next comes the water tank. Not much to explain about the tank, as it is basically a box. But with the addition of panels it looks quite effective.

IMG_0235        IMG_0239

IMG_0241

Finally, all that was left to do was the doors. These are very similar to the doors that I built for the Farm House Barn. Two layers of 200gsm card back to back, with the addition of battens stuck on the back.

IMG_0240

So, here it is in all it’s glory.

IMG_0245       IMG_0246

IMG_0248       IMG_0250

And maybe one more money shot.

IMG_0252

Next I think I might be making a project for the Dock Company where I work. We have modern warehousing and we import and export  various cargoes. Scalescenes do a Modern Industrial Building that I might be able adapt so it will look like ours. Could be fun.

Until Next Time…………

Chris

1 comment:

Mad Mary said...

It's fantastic Chris, and yes graffiti was basic way back then. I agree with you, that is what you would have seen. The engine shed is fantastic and looks bigger than i know it really is.

Well done again.

Mary x