Saturday 29 December 2012

Low Relief High Street Backs Part Three………….

I know it’s been a while, but I think I’m back on track (Pardon the pun) It’s been a busy old time at work and what with the run up to Christmas, I haven't had much time to craft. And when I did get the time, I sliced off the end of my thumb with a food processor blade! OUCH. But hopefully normal service has been resumed now my thumb has healed.

Where were we up to? Oh yes, drainpipes. Believe it or not there is a lot of work goes into the humble drainpipe. Each drainpipe is an individual element and not just printed on the wall.

IMG_0900        IMG_0901

Once couple together with a gable end, you have a very effective drainpipe.

IMG_0910        IMG_0912

And when put together with the carcass.

IMG_0913

Apology time. I accidentally wiped the memory card of my camera with he pictures of the first façade I made, so there is a bit of a jump to where I am up to now.

The first of the units has a low rise extension attached to the façade. True to scalescenes it’s not just a box stuck on the back. There is as much detail in the extension as there is in any of the scalescenes build.

IMG_0916        IMG_0917

Once all the walls are put into place, then the fun starts with the fine detail.

IMG_0929        IMG_0930

I really enjoy all of the fine detail. It gives the building real character.

IMG_0931

Next comes a little time consuming bit. Can you tell what it is?

IMG_0926        IMG_0927

Did you guess? That’s right, it’s a set of steps for that floating door on the extension.

IMG_0932         IMG_0939

IMG_0938

The next post I will show the finished first façade in all it’s glory.

Until Next Time……………

Chris sig

2 comments:

Mad Mary said...

Fantastic work as always Chris, sorry to read about your thumb, cringing here at the thought of it.

Looking good so far Chris, can't wait to see the next instalment.

Mary x

Pop's Cards said...

This is awesome it must take lots of patience to do this, I am amazed how good it is hugs Pops x