Tuesday 21 August 2018

Crossing Keepers Cottage.............



Time to get back to modelling I think. To break myself back in gently, I’m going to build the latest release from Scalescenes, the R007a Crossing Keepers Cottage. It’s not a huge or complicated build, but it’s just the right size to get me back in the swing. It also gives me the chance to use my new windows from Scaleglaze. I’m building it in brown brick (as usual) I must diversify a little, and try some different textures. There’s plenty to choose from after all. 
 
It all starts as usual by cutting out the base layers, to be covered by the detailed cover layers. As you can see, the join or overlap is cut into the brick. This when wrapped around the finished wall, cleverly disguises the join. 
 
 
 
 
Once the walls are put together and before the windows are fitted, the window sills are put into place. I like to colour the raw edges before I fit them. It helps when I’ve got a vast array of pens to chose from. 
 

It’s now time to fit the new windows. I must admit, I like the idea of not having to cut out these little windows, it’s a lot easier to use something that is already made. 
I like these windows, I like them a lot.
 
 
Next comes very clever bit, it’s the inclusion of drainpipes. These are built into one of the internal walls. So when the model is complete, There is no chance of knocking off the drainpipes.
 

 
 
A chimney stack comes next, again with a cleverly wrapped cover layer to hide the join in the brickwork. 
 
 
That’s my progress so far, I’m taking it slow, so as not to aggravate my tennis elbow. 
Until Next Time...........
 

 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 

No comments: