Sunday 18 September 2011

Terraced Houses……

I do apologise for not posting for so long, but I have had problems with my computer. All fixed now (touch wood).

This is the project I was building at the Bowburn Show. It is the Terraced Houses T020 from scalescenes . It is similar to the Small Terraced Houses T022. I must admit I get a lot of pleasure out of building these Terraces. You can incorporate as much or as little detail as you want. The large range of interior features is so comprehensive, every thing from carpets and rugs to pictures and bookcases.

The carcase is a very sturdy construction and serves itself well as a solid base to build upon.

This is as far as I got at the show. I was going to keep it in this state until the next show in October and then carry on from there, but I just couldn’t help myself and had to continue…..

IMG_8468

IMG_8467

IMG_8466

I’ve managed to get as far as putting on the roofs and the chimneys stacks. This is a slow process, as the slates are all put on in individual rows. A little fiddly, but the effect is very good.This build has even got the option of sky lights……

IMG_8480

IMG_8481

IMG_8483

The next step is to build the front façades along with the bay windows. I will get these done as soon as possible and show you, but I have some DIY I have to do on my own house first. I have some 25 year old Artex to take off a very large staircase.

Until next time……..

Chris

3 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

WOW this looks just awesome, and you´ve almost made me want to start making dollhouses again now, as I did years ago, when my own kids were small. This is just amazing work, and I just love all the details, you´re giving it too, it really makes t look real.
Really stunning work, thanks so much for sharing it here with all og us, it´s such a pleasure to come here every time to visit. Love what you´re doing with these houses. Looks so cool.

Tracy said...

The roofs look amazing, fabulous houses, can't wait to see them finished.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Mad Mary said...

Love seeing your models Chris and how they transform from picture to picture. Take care on that staircase and stay away from the Electrics !!!!!!

Mary x