Saturday 19 November 2016

Fishing Boat............


So I've had a unexpected trip away this weekend. Nowhere exotic, just a trip away with my wife Jak to Peterborough for her work. It's better for me to drive her at the moment as she is not 100%. Any way, every cloud has a silver lining as they say. I had the latest addition of Model Rail magazine with a free model kit to build from Scalescenes. It is of a fishing boat. What with building my diorama, I didn't know when I would get to build it. So, I thought I would take it with me, as I would be sitting some long hours in the green room at the TV studios.
There is conveniently a room for guests to do any last minute prep work. A perfect place to lay the keel of my fishing boat.
 
I'm going to try and build it in two days. I've taken pictures on my phone of the build, so here is the progress I've made today.
With the keel laid, sorry cut out, time to fix the cross bulkheads in place.
 
 
 

The hold walls are constructed at this point and finished off with capping.
The deck simply gets set on the top.
 
Infilling the bulkheads are next. These are done by lightly scoring the card so you can bend and manipulate them into the contours of the hull. 
 
Further hull sides are added to give a more defined form and shape.
 
 
 
Well that's where I got to when Jak came off air at 1pm. I'm back at the studios in the morning, so hopefully I might just get it finished. 
Until Tomorrow.................
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

2 comments:

My'scardcorner said...

Good idea Chris and it's starting to take shape hope you get it finished tomorrow
Myra

Anonymous said...

Brilliant job Chris, xx