Wednesday 26 October 2011

Daylight Lamp & Flashlight……

The very clever people at www.uk.daylightcompany.com asked my wife Jak if she would be willing to try out one of their new and innovative products. It was a very handy product indeed. Not only is it a nifty portable battery powered desk lamp, ideal for crafting. It also boasts a very bright flashlight.

Well I’m afraid I had to get in on the act.

I often use Jak’s other daylight lamp, especially when I’m taking photo’s for my blog, and when my eyes are particularly tired. I use it, as it gives a very clean crisp light and it gives true colours. But it isn’t always set up were I need it, so, when this portable light came along I had to have a go. Maybe I wasn’t expecting the lamp to preform like it’s big brother, but believe me it does. Granted it isn’t as powerful as the mains powered lamp but, for a portable battery powered lamp, it was more than adequate. It has a whopping 28 LED’s on the main light and it has 6 LED’s for the flashlight. It will last for up to 6 hours on just 3 AA batteries.

IMG_9090

As you can see it is a very compact size and doesn’t take up a great deal of room on your desk or workbench. You can see from the picture above, it gives a flood of clear white light to illuminate your work. Ideal when cutting out intricate detail.

I’ve had a LED torch before and didn’t rate it at all, as the light it gave was not more than a couple of candles and it spent most of the time at the bottom of my tool box, redundant.

This handy torch has 6 LED’s and gives, like the main light, a good flood of clear bright light. Very handy for those jobs around the house, garage or shown below, the shed. (Trust me when I say that no fuses were harmed in the making of this review) 

IMG_9113

In summary, this handy lamp and flash light has got to be one of the brightest portable lamps run off 3 AA batteries on the market, and to have a flashlight into the bargain, Brilliant. I think that Jak may have just lost this handy light.

For those of you who are interested, the picture at the top of this post is the latest project I have started from scalescenes. It is the Factory Warehouse T026. As you can see there is a lot of intricate and repetitive cutting out. I’m sure the end result will be worth it. Drop by again to find out how I get on.

Until next time…….

Chris

2 comments:

Mad Mary said...

Laughing at your comment about the fuses Chris lol lol lol.
I wondered how long it would be before you pinched ( i mean borrowed-ahem) this from Jak.
Can't wait to see the Factory Warehouse when it's finished.

Mary x

Maryann Laursen said...

HA ha ha ha I had the exact same thoughts, when Jak showed us this earlier ha ha ha. I´m totally amazed about your awesome scalework, and I always look forward to see the next one too, even I don´t always get to comment, but be asure, I watch everything in my reader always. You´re doing a spectacular job on these scales, and they´re really awesome. You should start making small dollhouses and sell. That might be a dream for any little girl or maybe a garage or firestation for a little boy?