Saturday 10 March 2012

Finished Gantry Crane…………

Well as I promised myself, I got the scalescenes Gantry Crane finished for the N.E.D.C.C. Model Fair at Birtley today. Granted it’s not completely finished as it needs the railings around the top and  around the walkways. I set to last night to try and do these but the time got the better of me and I only managed to get them made and not painted, so I left them off for now and I will put them on tomorrow.

Here is how the Crane came to be complete.

IMG_9574

IMG_9579

IMG_9580

IMG_9582

IMG_9583

IMG_9584

IMG_9585

IMG_9586

That’s the head gear sorted, next is the container and spreader beams and the lifting gear.

IMG_9594

IMG_9595

IMG_9598

IMG_9603

And finally the Drivers Cab.

IMG_9610

IMG_9614

And how big is this seat please!!!

IMG_9607

Lets see it in all it’s glory.

IMG_9615

All said and done I’m well pleased with this Gantry Crane. When I first saw it I thought it would be very flimsy, but the total opposite is more like it. It is so rigid and strong, it is a great sturdy piece of kit.

I’m sorry but I don’t have any pictures from the Fair today, as I forgot my camera!! A big thank you to all of you that came along to say hello.

Until Next Time……….

Chris

2 comments:

Mad Mary said...

That looks amazing Chris and i cannot believe the size of the chair, it's tiny!!!
Hope you had a great time at the Fair.

Mary x

Elizabeth said...

You must have very small fingers, looks great..